SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police safely took a man with a knife into custody after hours of negotiations in downtown Spokane Friday afternoon.
Officers responded around 3:30 pm to a call of a man with a knife, waving it in the air and pointing it at himself near the corner of Browne and Sprague. The man did not comply with officer's orders and continued to wave the knife around.
Traffic was blocked off until just after 8:00 pm when officers deployed non-lethal weaponry, including a flash-bang grenade, taser and several bean bag rounds, to disarm the man and take him into custody.
The man was transported to the hospital for evaluation.
- SCRAPS has person of interest in kitten tourture cases
- Inland Northwest prepares for yet another round of snow
- Idaho prepares for slick roads with new de-icer
- Neighbors file lawsuit against Rocket Market
- Police searching for a man who exposed himself at Logan elementary
- City of Spokane readdressing east Spokane garbage routes