SPOKANE, Wash. - An unidentified worker is in serious condition Tuesday night after being shot in the head while laying carpet at the Pacific Terrace Apartments in Browne's Addition.
Police say there was a conflict between 28-year-old Justin Werle and the man, when Werle allegedly drew a gun and fired, hitting the man in the head.
According to reports that man was walking and talking when medical assistance arrived, and was transported to an area hospital.Police locate suspect in Browne's Addition shooting
Police set up a perimeter around the apartment complex which expanded after negotiators spoke with Werle's family and learned he may have been at a nearby home and not at the complex.
Eventually police located Werle near the home at 13th and Cedar. He was on foot and taken into custody without incident.
Detectives took Werle to the police department for questioning and will also interview the shooting victim.
No word yet on what charges Werle could face in this case.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car