SPOKANE - Spokane Police are investigating a shooting that took place early this morning near the 1300 block of E. Nina.
Witnesses said a group of people, none of whom live on the block, gathered in the street around 11:30pm.
Witnesses say a neighbor, fed up with the noise, went outside around 12:30am to tell the group to get lost.
That is when witnesses said another neighbor, identified by police as Roderick White, went outside and fired several shots. Police said nobody was injured and the group fled the scene.
Roderick was arrested and charged with 1st Degree Assault, 2nd Degree Unlawful Possession of a Firearm (x4) and Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Deliver.
Neighbors are shaken up by the incident and said this is completely out of the ordinary for their street.
"It's kind quiet. There are a lot of kids in the neighborhood, we don't have shootings, we don't have conflict between people," said Haley McSpaden, a 12 year resident of the street.
Police ask anyone with information to call crime check at 456-2233.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some