SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police have arrested a suspect involved in a chase with officers after he was spotted in a stolen vehicle Wednesday afternoon.
A police sergeant spotted a stolen vehicle with the suspect, identified as Samuel T. Banks, inside the car attempting to start it. The sergeant moved up on the car with his weapon drawn and ordered the suspect to get out of the vehicle.
Banks reportedly got the car started and started to drive off; as he did the back window of the vehicle was open and caught the officer's weapon, which fell into the back of the vehicle.
Officers chased Banks across town, which resulted in several collisions ended when Banks got out of the car and took off on foot.
Police officers found and recovered the service weapon from inside the vehicle.
Banks was arrested late Wednesday evening.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter