Spokane Major Crimes detectives have requested charges from the prosecutor's office against two men they think are behind three armed robberies in May and June.
Andrew Carr and Marshall Barkdull have been charged with two counts of first degree robbery for their alleged involvement in the armed robberies of the Pizza Rita, located at 5511 N. Wall, on May 22 and Herbal Connections, located at 606 W. Garland, on May 27.
Both suspects are in custody; Carr was already in jail for the June 10 robbery of Hot Toddy's while Barkdull was arrested and booked into jail Friday.
"This person in the Hot Toddy's robbery; it was a very violent robbery as you remember he came through the window and stole the barista's car and moved her around the business," Spokane Police Major Crimes Lieutenant Mark Griffiths said.
These two arrests were among nine different individuals who have been arrested for a variety of robberies between March and July.
- Curtis Cyrus and a juvenile male were arrested for a trio of Craigslist robberies from March 5, May 22 and June 11.
- Lucky Guzman was arrested for a Wells Fargo bank robbery on April 23.
- Hayden Hamilton was arrested for the robbery of a 7-11 on May 21.
- Daniel Drake was arrested for the robberies of the Java Hut on June 11 and Albertson's on June 12.
- Tyler Contonio, Nicholas Sailors and Tenisha Herrell were arrested for two Backpage robberies on July 18 and 19.
"This May we had a string of robberies that happened that were kind of unprecedented for Spokane and as a result we've made a number of arrests throughout the summer," Spokane Police Major Crimes Lieutenant Mark Griffiths said.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane