SPOKANE, Wash. - Richard Payne, the man who molested a five year old girl inside a NorthTown Mall video arcade, has received a mandatory life sentence.
Payne received the mandatory life sentence Wednesday morning because of Washington's "Two strikes, you're out" law for sex offenders. He was caught on camera approaching the girl as she sat on a video game and fondled the child.
In court Wednesday the judge was told the victim lives in fear of all adult men, even when she's in her own backyard.
Prosecutors said Payne has a long history of sexually assaulting children in public places.
Payne's attorney says he will appeal his client's conviction.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position