SPOKANE, Wash. - One person has been hospitalized and a second is in custody following a stabbing late Wednesday morning in the 600 block of E. Broad Avenue in Spokane.
Initial reports indicated the incident involved two brothers who started arguing near a vehicle near 627 E. Broad Ave. Police later said the incident appeared to have been between two associates. The argument escalated when the suspect pulled out a knife and stabbed and slashed the victim multiple times.
Friends disarmed the suspect and took the victim to the hospital.
The victim has serious injuries but is now reportedly in stable condition. His injuries are not life threatening.
The stabbing suspect, who had an unrelated warrant out for his arrest, has been taken into custody.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home