SPOKANE, Wash. - One person has been hospitalized and a second is in custody following a stabbing late Wednesday morning in the 600 block of E. Broad Avenue in Spokane.
Initial reports indicated the incident involved two brothers who started arguing near a vehicle near 627 E. Broad Ave. Police later said the incident appeared to have been between two associates. The argument escalated when the suspect pulled out a knife and stabbed and slashed the victim multiple times.
Friends disarmed the suspect and took the victim to the hospital.
The victim has serious injuries but is now reportedly in stable condition. His injuries are not life threatening.
The stabbing suspect, who had an unrelated warrant out for his arrest, has been taken into custody.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position