SPOKANE, Wash. - Police have identified the man whose body was found in the Spokane River earlier this month as 24-year-old Worthy Roseberry.
Family members described Roseberry as having the cognitive function of an 8- to 10-year-old child. He was last seen in the early morning on Oct. 19 when he told his family he wanted to "go out." Family members sent him back to bed, but said when they went to check on him later he was gone.
Spokane Police searched but were unable to locate him. On Nov. 6, a worker found Roseberry's body near the dam in Riverfront Park.
Police say the cause of Roseberry's death remains under investigation.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position