SPOKANE, Wash. - Police have identified the man whose body was found in the Spokane River earlier this month as 24-year-old Worthy Roseberry.
Family members described Roseberry as having the cognitive function of an 8- to 10-year-old child. He was last seen in the early morning on Oct. 19 when he told his family he wanted to "go out." Family members sent him back to bed, but said when they went to check on him later he was gone.
Spokane Police searched but were unable to locate him. On Nov. 6, a worker found Roseberry's body near the dam in Riverfront Park.
Police say the cause of Roseberry's death remains under investigation.
- Police arrest convicted felon with citizen's help
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent