One in five people who bought insurance through the Washington health exchange has had problems with their coverage and many have been unable to use it.
In all, 28,000 people have been unable to use their health insurance during the past seven months and health exchange officials are confirming that there were some billing problems.
Now these issues have been fixed for about 21,000 people and the rest should have their coverage fixed before the beginning of September.
Additionally, in response to the problems, the health exchange has opened a limited special enrollment period. Those who have had problems with enrolling or making payments through the healthplanfinder website can enroll in coverage outside of the exchange.
This period is going on now and lasts through November 14.
To find out if you qualify and to enroll you can visit insurance.wa.gov.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River