SPOKANE, Wash. - Two people were able to safely make it out of their home after it caught fire Thursday morning.
The fire broke out just after 2 a.m. in the 2700 block of W. Garland.
When firefighters arrived on scene, both occupants were out of the home and smoke was pouring from the structure. Fire crews were able to rescue several pets that were inside.
The fire was put out and one occupant was taken to the hospital as a precaution for smoke inhalation.
Red Cross has been notified.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults