SPOKANE, Wash. - A nursing assistant who had thought of being an "Angel of Death" for elderly patients in her care has had her license immediately suspended.
Marjorie Ann Surdez has reportedly received inpatient mental health care treatment on several occasions starting in October.
Surdez was suspended after she admitted to a Department of Health investigator that she thought about overmedicating elderly patients in her care as their "Angel of Death" and then kill herself.
Surdez has 20 days to request a hearing and contest her suspension.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday