SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Fire Department is calling a home on the 800 block of East Brady a total loss.
The fire broke out just after 10 a.m. The family was able to make it out safely, but their cat, hamster and bird did not survive.
Fire damage extended from all levels of inside the house, as well as the garage and back patio.
The fire was so bat additional crews had to be called to the scene.
"We had nine fire companies here. That's how much work there was when the crews showed up. Normally we have six on initial response and we brought three additional companies in," said Batallion Chief, Craig Cornelius.
Investigators are still working to determine the cause of the fire.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives