SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane police and Major Crimes detectives are investigating a body found near Helena Street and Pacific Avenue in East Central Spokane early Friday morning.
Police said a body was found around 4:30 a.m. Friday on the 1600 block of East Pacific, by a neighbor on a walk. The body is said to be of a white man in his 30s.
Police said the body was found near a well-known drug house and the scene of a stabbing in November.
A medical examiner picked up the body around 7 a.m. to determine the cause of death. Police said there are no apparent signs of trauma, adding that a preliminary investigation led them to believe the man died of a drug overdose.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home