SPOKANE, Wash. - A motorcyclist was transported to the hospital after a collision with a truck at the intersection of Sprague and Browne in downtown Spokane late Monday afternoon.
The collision happened around 5:30 p.m.
The motorcyclist was trapped underneath the truck and first responders had to use air bags to lift the truck off the victim and extricate him.
When they found him he did not have a pulse; first responders performed CPR on him and were able to get a pulse before he was transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center for treatment.
He is currently in critical condition at Sacred Heart.
The driver of the truck was not injured.
The intersection of Sprague and Browne could be closed for up to two hours for the collision investigation.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting