SPOKANE, Wash. - The mother of the 5-year-old girl who was molested by sex offender Richard Payne at Northtown Mall says her child was under adult supervision when she was attacked.
The woman, seeking to set the record straight about what happened, said that while she was not with the girl at the time of the assault, she was being supervised by her 19-year-old brother and his girlfriend when she was molested.
The victim's mom said she's being attacked for leaving her child unattended in Bumpers Family Fun Center when she said in fact she was under adult supervision.
Payne, who admitted to molesting the child to police, is free on bond. He is being electronically monitored by his bail bonds company and will be back in court on Thursday.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River