SPOKANE, Wash. - Some time during the night, the Martin Luther King Jr. Family Outreach Center was vandalized. Racial slurs were spray-painted on both an outside wall and on of the facility's carpool vans.
A press conference was held at the center at 12:00 p.m. today to address the incident and show solidarity with community members to whom these slurs, and others, are being directed.
Together, those who attended the conference painted over the slurs.
Spokane Police are investigating the incident. They're asking anyone with any information to call Crime Check at (509) 456-2233.
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent
- STA launches new route through Spokane Valley