SPOKANE, Wash. - Some time during the night, the Martin Luther King Jr. Family Outreach Center was vandalized. Racial slurs were spray-painted on both an outside wall and on of the facility's carpool vans.
A press conference was held at the center at 12:00 p.m. today to address the incident and show solidarity with community members to whom these slurs, and others, are being directed.
Together, those who attended the conference painted over the slurs.
Spokane Police are investigating the incident. They're asking anyone with any information to call Crime Check at (509) 456-2233.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march