COLVILLE, Wash - A Colville pre-teen accused of plotting to kill a classmate earlier this year will undergo a mental evaluation before his criminal proceedings continue.
The 11-year-old is one of two pre-teens charged in the plot to kill a fellow 5th grader. Another child already pleaded guilty to the charges and is awaiting sentencing.
In a competency hearing in Stevens County Court Monday, the defense asked for more time in the case so that the child can be evaluated at Eastern State Hospital.Mental evaluation ordered for Colville 11 year old
There was some question as to whether or not ESH has experts that can evaluate a child. The defense says if that's the case, they will look for another psychiatric hospital to do the evaluation.
The 11-year old is due back in court May 13th. The co-defendant is scheduled for sentencing May 7th.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River