SPOKANE, Wash. - A memorial fund has been established for the family of Delbert Belton, the Spokane man who died Thursday after being beaten by two suspects at the Eagles Lodge Wednesday night.
The memorial fund has been set up through Wells Fargo Bank. Donations can be made to the Delbert Belton Memorial Fund in care of the Wells Fargo Bank Spokane Main Branch.
Belton, 88, a WWII veteran and a retired Kaiser Aluminum employee was beaten outside the Eagles Lodge Wednesday night. He died Thursday morning from blunt trauma to his head and face, according to the Spokane County Medical Examiner.
One suspect, Demetrius Glenn, 16, was arrested Thursday night and will be charged as an adult on charges of First Degree Murder and First Degree Robbery.
The second suspect in Belton's death, 16-year-old Kenan Adams-Kinard, remains at large.
- EWU holding press conference regarding Baldwin
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Death penalty repeal bill introduced in Washington state
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech.
- Shea accuses KXLY of "fake news," points to story KXLY didn't run
- House fire kills 1 in Peck, Idaho