A man wanted for questioning in the deadly shooting at the Days Inn hotel in September has been arrested on an unrelated charge in Metaline Falls.
Kevin Heaton, 35, was taken into custody on a felony drug warrant in Metaline Falls Friday afternoon. Officers with the Spokane Police Department, US Border Patrol, the US Marshalls office and the town marshal for Metaline assisted in making the arrest.
Heaton has been wanted for questioning by Spokane police in the deadly shooting of Paul Haney, 33, of Yakima on September 13. Haney's body was found in the parking lot of the Days Inn, located at 120 W. 3rd Avenue.
Heaton was the last person detectives were looking for in Haney's killing; one of the persons previously arrested, Jimmy Blackburn, was arrested on three attempted murder charges for a drive-by shooting that happened on the South Hill the day before Haney was killed.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults