SPOKANE, Wash. - Firefighters say a man sustained burns to 70 percent of his body from an apartment fire Saturday morning.
The fire broke out at the Avondale Court Apartments at 2nd and Bernard in downtown Spokane around 8:45 a.m.
Fire crews arrived to find heavy smoke coming out of a third floor apartment. Firefighters pulled out a man who sustained burns to 70 percent of his body.Man sustains life-threatening injuries in downtown fire
They believe he was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for treatment.
Fire investigators are still trying to determine the cause of the fire.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River