SPOKANE, Wash. - Firefighters say a man sustained burns to 70 percent of his body from an apartment fire Saturday morning.
The fire broke out at the Avondale Court Apartments at 2nd and Bernard in downtown Spokane around 8:45 a.m.
Fire crews arrived to find heavy smoke coming out of a third floor apartment. Firefighters pulled out a man who sustained burns to 70 percent of his body.Man sustains life-threatening injuries in downtown fire
They believe he was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for treatment.
Fire investigators are still trying to determine the cause of the fire.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march