SPOKANE, Wash. - Police in North Spokane are investigating a stabbing that left a man with 19 stab wounds in the back and neck.
Police say the man was walking to a north Spokane Walgreens to buy a soda when he was stabbed.
He then went to his friend, Penny Chenoweth's house in the 100 block of N. Dalton just after 5 p.m. Tuesday.Video: Police investigating stabbing in North Spokane
Chenoweth says she heard someone screaming outside and when she opened the door, she saw her friend laying on the porch, bleeding profusely.
"He looked up at me and goes 'Penny' and I grabbed him and he was all bloody. Me and the lady across the street took him into the house, he was stabbed pretty bad," Chenoweth said.
Police are investigating but are hampered by the fact that they don't have a good description of the suspect and they don't know where the stabbing happened.
They don't know if this attack was random or if the victim and suspect knew each other.
The victim's identity hasn't been released yet. He's being treated at local hospital. Police say his injuries are non-life threatening.
If you have any information about the shooting, please call Crime Check at 456-2233.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter