SPOKANE, Wash. - One man is in jail for fatally stabbing another man in Northeast Spokane late Saturday night.
Spokane police officers were called to the intersection of Nelson and Wabash just before midnight and found a man with multiple stab wounds. He was taken to a local hospital, where he later died.
Witnesses led police to a suspect, who has not been named. The name of the stabbing victim has also not been released.Man fatally stabbed Saturday night in Hillyard
Neighbors said they are not surprised by the murder.
"At least every other night, there is something going on in this place," said Tamra Darby, a Hillyard resident. "We all know here what's going on. People are getting hurt."
Darby said the seemingly escalating violence in Hillyard has her living in fear.
"I stay in my house," said Darby. "I don't want to be involved because there is so much out here that you're gonna get in trouble. You're going to get hurt if you're out here."
Another Hillyard resident echoed what Darby said, saying the violence is terrifying.
"Does it scare me? Yeah," said Gretchen Wright. "Does it affect me? Yeah. Does it affect families? Yeah."
An autopsy will likely be performed on Monday.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties