SPOKANE, Wash. - A man arrested for the murder of another individual man at the Howard Johnson Inn in north Spokane over the weekend has been released from custody.
A Spokane Police spokesperson said that witnesses at the scene were not forthcoming about what had happened, and there was not enough evidence to keep him in custody on murder charges, so Joshua Smith was released from the Spokane County Jail Monday.
Authorities say however that Smith may have been involved in the incident so he may faces charges at a later date.
Police believe the victim, identified by the medical examiner's office Monday afternoon as Richard Amodio, 32, knew the individual who shot him, the killing was not a random incident and may have involved drugs.
The medical examiner confirmed Amodio died from gunshot wounds to the torso.
The shooting was reported just after midnight Sunday; when police arrived they found Amodio in the parking lot of the Howard Johnson Inn, located in the 3000 block of North Division.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults