SPOKANE, Wash. - Major Crimes Detectives are investigating a shooting that took place on the South Hill Friday night.
Randy Watts was brushing his teeth around 11:30 p.m. when he heard arguing.
"And then all of a sudden 'crack, crack' I heard two what I recognized as gun shots and I instantly called 9-11," said Watts.
Watts said a man was prowling outside of a home when a resident confronted him.
"There was a considerable amount of yelling back and forth before I heard the shot fired," said Watts.
Watts saw his elderly neighbors frantically trying to piece together what had happened.
"The guy was hit and he took off on foot and they found him down the street," said Watts.
It is not known how many times he was struck, but the injuries were not life threatening.
"I have heard that there have been some unfavorable people wondering around in the neighborhood, one guy in particular, but we don't know if that's him or not," said Watts.
Watts said he and his neighbors are freaked out by the incident. He will be locking his doors and keeping an extra eye out.
"This is a reminder that it can happen any where anytime. You let your guard down and that's when bad things happen," said Watts.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River