SPOKANE, Wash. - Liberty Lake officials confirm a man found dead in an SUV Friday morning in North Spokane was a long-time member of the Liberty Lake Police Department.
Spokane Major Crimes Detectives are investigating Clint Gibson's death after he was found dead inside his personal vehicle near the intersection of Francis and Madison early Friday morning.
Gibson was off-duty at the time of his death, according to Liberty Lake Police Chief Brian Asmus.
Gibson, a sergeant in the Liberty Lake Police Department, had served there for 12 years. Previously he had served as an officer in Colfax, Pullman and had been a reserve officer for the Spokane Police Department.
The circumstances surrounding his death have not been confirmed by law enforcement officials investigating his death, but no other vehicles were involved.
The Spokane County Medical Examiner will release his cause of death.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties