SPOKANE, Wash. - Avista crews have capped a gas leak caused by a garbage truck hitting a gas meter at a North Spokane home.
Firefighters said around 8:30 a.m. Friday, a garbage truck hit a gas meter, pulling the gas line off a house in the 2300 block of North Lincoln Street.
Spokane police evacuated several homes in the area.
Avista crews stopped the gas leak.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday