SPOKANE, Wash. - Avista crews have capped a gas leak caused by a garbage truck hitting a gas meter at a North Spokane home.
Firefighters said around 8:30 a.m. Friday, a garbage truck hit a gas meter, pulling the gas line off a house in the 2300 block of North Lincoln Street.
Spokane police evacuated several homes in the area.
Avista crews stopped the gas leak.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home