SPOKANE, Wash. - The former chief financial officer of a chain of medical clinics in Spokane and Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, has been awarded $1.9 million after he alleged he was fired for refusing to file fabricated financial reports.
The Spokesman-Review reports that Gregg Becker was the CFO of Rockwood Clinic. Becker sued in 2012, saying he was fired when he refused to rework his projections of the company's losses that year. He estimated the losses at $12.8 million, but said the company said the company tried to bully him into lowering the figure to $4 million.
In a ruling last week, U.S. Department of Labor administrative law judge Christopher Larsen awarded him $1.9 million, saying he had no reasonable basis for approving the $4 million figure and an entirely reasonable basis for rejecting it.
A lawyer for Rockwood Clinic's parent company said he expects an appeal.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives