SPOKANE, Wash. - Police have two people in custody in connection to a high speed chase on I-90 downtown.
The pursuit began in Cheney just before noon Sunday. A man was driving an older maroon Chevrolet Cavalier with a woman in the passenger seat.
The chase began when police identified the vehicle as stolen. Speeds reached up to 90 miles per hour as the pursuit headed to downtown Spokane on I-90.
Police were able to stop the car on eastbound I-90 near the Maple exit.
Right now the right two lanes are blocked on I-90 and traffic is slow going.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car