SPOKANE, Wash. - The 9th annual Big Kahuna Golf Tournament was held at Sun Dance Golf Course Saturday, in honor of Gina Moriarty.
The 30-year-old Spokane woman is in need of a double lung transplant from Cistic Fibrosis.
Gina has recently been placed on the transplant list. Her recovery will cost her and her husband John thousands of dollars out of pocket.
KXLY first aired Gina's story last month. The couple said they have since been overwhelmed by the amount of generosity from complete strangers.
"The community has really stepped up obviously all of my friends from the golfing community and around town but we've had a lot of people that have reached out in donations to play golf money donations it's been very amazing," said John.
After seeing our original story on Gina, A KXLY viewer sent her a check in the mail for $10,000.
Her sister-in-law says the whole family is appreciative of the donors selfless act to help a complete stranger.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March