SPOKANE, Wash. - A gas odor inside Longfellow Elementary prompted school officials to evacuate students, faculty and staff Thursday afternoon for about an hour.
The students were evacuated to a nearby Boys and Girls club as a precaution.
The Spokane Fire Department responded to the school but could not detect any gas leaks, and students and staff were allowed back into the school at 2 p.m.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line