SPOKANE, Wash. - A gas line rupture in North Spokane caused 10 homes to be evacuated on Monday.
Spokane Fire Department officials say a residential gas line was hit by someone digging in a backyard near the intersection of Belt Street and Queen Avenue. It happened shortly after 2:00 PM.
Spokane Fire crews responded to the scene, evacuating 10 nearby homes as a precaution. Belt St. was closed while firefighters worked on fixing the problem.
It took crews a lot more than an hour to shut off the gas line and return the residents to their homes. Belt St. reopened a short time later.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'