SPOKANE, Wash. - A Garry Middle School student is in juvenile detention after school officials found a 'hit list' of students and staff members written by the teen.
A teacher found the note in a classroom around 1:30 p.m. Friday. Authorities were able to determine a Garry 8th grade student wrote it.
Spokane Police contacted the student, who claimed the note was a joke. Police followed up by going to his home to see if he access to any weapons and he did not.
There were a total of 64 names of teachers and students on the list. All of the people on the list are being notified by the district.
The teen has been suspended from school and is currently in juvenile detention.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday