SPOKANE, Wash. - The release of two men from Washington's Special Commitment Center to Spokane in recent weeks is raising questions about the safety of our communities from those deemed sexually violent predators.
A Spokane Valley man was arrested and charged with attempted murder in the first degree after he beat his wife and tried to cut out her tongue.
A hit and run accident last week left a Spokane man critically injured. Police still are searching for the driver.
A number of threats have prompted Wenatchee School District officials to cancel school for Wenatchee High School. The closure was prompted from written threats made in the girls bathroom at the school. One of the messages promised that there would be a shooting at the school Friday, ahead of homecoming weekend. Police believe the threats are empty but the school district said students weren't going to take their chances by coming to school.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting