The Spokane Police Department has confirmed with KXLY that former acting police chief and former assistant chief Scott Stephens has been placed on administrative leave.
At this point, that is all spokeswoman Officer Jen DeRuwe, could confirm.
She could not tell us why Stephens is on leave.
You may recall, he was affected by last month's sweeping changes to the department put in place by new Chief Frank Straub and Mayor David Condon.
Stephens was replaced as assistant chief with former U.S. Marine, Major Craig Meidl.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time