Spokane, WASH - With winter weather in the forecast, local tire shops prepared for a mad dash to get snow tires on hundreds of cars.
On Thursday, Ron Hammer dropped his car off at Les Schwab at 12:30 p.m. and picked it up seven hours later.
"It was crazy busy," said Ron Hammer. "You couldn't even park in the parking lot , I had to park in front of the door," he added.
Hammer said he tried to get his snow tires on earlier in the week but the wait was too long.
With snow predicted in the next few day, Hammer said he could no longer put it off.
"I didn't have them last year and I slid down backwards a couple times and I just didn't want to go through that again," he said.
Employees at Les Schwab estimate they put snow tires on more than 200 cars Thursday at the downtown Spokane location.
The tire shop stayed open two extra hours to get customers on the road as quickly as possible.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults