SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane firefighters were busy with two fires in East Spokane Friday morning.
The first fire destroyed a garage and playhouse near 5th and Napa. It took fire crews about 30 minutes to knock it down.
The fire started in the the playhouse and the cause of the fire, which caused $15,000 in damage, is under investigation.
As crews finished with that fire they were called to another one at a house near 3rd and Ray.
Fire officials say it appears the fire started on a mattress and the damage, which is estimated to be at $20,000 to the residence, was contained to just one room.
No one was at home at the time of the fire.
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting