SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane firefighters were busy with two fires in East Spokane Friday morning.
The first fire destroyed a garage and playhouse near 5th and Napa. It took fire crews about 30 minutes to knock it down.
The fire started in the the playhouse and the cause of the fire, which caused $15,000 in damage, is under investigation.
As crews finished with that fire they were called to another one at a house near 3rd and Ray.
Fire officials say it appears the fire started on a mattress and the damage, which is estimated to be at $20,000 to the residence, was contained to just one room.
No one was at home at the time of the fire.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults