SPOKANE - Firefighters were able to keep a garage fire in the Logan Neighborhood from spreading to nearby homes early Sunday morning.
The fire was called in around 12:15 a.m. in the 1500 block of East Liberty.
Six companies of the Spokane Fire Department that consisted of four engines, one senior ladder and one heavy rescue responded.
The detached garage was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived on scene, but were able to put it out quickly and prevent it from spreading to surrounding homes.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car