Spokane Fire responded to a 2-alarm fire in north Spokane Monday night.
It broke out at the Center Court Apartments just after 10 pm in a third floor apartment. Callers say it began with a loud explosion, but officials have not confirmed that.
Crews battled the fire both from the stairway and through the roof.
Everyone in the building was able to get out safely, but at least one person was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Crews will be on scene throughout the evening and investigators are working to determine just how this fire began.
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blachard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather