SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Fire Department battled a 2-alarm fire near the intersection of Boone and Monroe Friday night. The fire was reported just after 10:30 pm.
The apartment building had five units that were all occupied at the time. Eight people were home and all evacuated safely.
Fire Chief Bobby Williams told KXLY the cause of the fire is still under investigation, but that it quickly spread to the attic.
Fire crews are expected to be on scene battling high winds and working to contain the fire until Saturday morning when Investigators will take a closer look.
All westbound lanes of Boone for several blocks around the fire are closed until further notice.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity