Spokane Fire Department responded to a working fire near 14th and Walnut Thursday morning.
Firefighters say there were no flames showing and no injuries reported.
A man living in the home says the fire started as a result of careless smoking. That man says he is not hurt.
Firefighters say the damage was contained mostly to the master bedroom.
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night