SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane fire crews said a fire damaged a garage in North Spokane Monday night.
The fire started around 8:30 p.m. near Queen Street and 'A' Street. Firefighters said when they arrived there was smoke coming out of the garage.
Crews were able to knock down the fire quickly, but not before it burned the side and underneath the garage. The fire was contained before it spread to the house, however, the house did receive major smoke damage.
According to Spokane firefighters, no people or firefighters were injured, but the family's cat died in the fire.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Firefighters are still investigating the cause.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting