SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash - One man was shot dead and another man was arrested in an early morning shooting near Airway Heights. Sheriff's deputies were called to the home around 4 a.m. at 4020 North Garfield Road.
Deputies arrived at the home to find the male victim was dead. They immediately arrested 52-year-old Mark Cavazos. Deputies say they're not able to release the relationship between the two men at this point.
Neighbors tell us there was an argument in the home before the shooting. Deputies say one shot was fired and there may have been a party at the home earlier in the night.Fatal shooting under investigation in west Spokane County
"We're not sure who exactly was here at the time of the incident. That's part of the investigation right now is to figure out, what the relationship is of the folks that were here, who lives here exactly, and basically all the circumstances that surrounds this incident," Deputy Craig Chamberlin.
Deputies are expected to be at the home investigating and collecting evidence through the night. The victim was transported to the medical examiner's officer, where an autopsy will be performed Monday. At that point the medical examiner will identify the man and notify his family.
Cavazos was booked into the Spokane County Jail on a charge of second degree murder.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car