Delbert "Shorty" Belton's legacy continues to live on after the Eagles Lodge he was a member of presented a check to the VA Medical Center in honor of the WWII veteran.
The Eagles Lodge presented the VAMC a $4,000 check in honor of Shorty. People from all across the country donated to the check, which will go directly to help other veterans in need.
"It's going to be used for veterans -- so Shorty being a veteran himself -- couldn't have found a more honorable location for it to go," Tom Marshall with the VA Medical Center said.
Marshall said the donation will be well spent on helping other veterans in the community and will help fund the Veterans Community Living Center and pay for veteran outings and events.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults