KXLY kicked off its Great Gas and Grocery Giveaway bright and early Thursday morning at Divine's at 2nd and Lincoln in Spokane with a bang, by giving people the chance to buy gas at $2.99 a gallon.
Needless to say that created a bit of a busy morning down at Divine's as a number of people showed up for that reduced price gas and as a matter of fact, some said they made more than one trip.
"I was listening to Mark Peterson on KXLY and $2.99 is amazing so I filled up. This is my second car I filled up this morning," David Ainsley said.
Ainsley came by to fill up the first time when things were fairly slow at Divine's. Then things started picking up around 7 a.m., with so much traffic people were waiting for a while for their turn at the pump.
Eric Kramer said it was well worth the wait.
"Great! And it was payday so I finished my run and came right down. I'll be back with my other car too," he said.
Mickey Mead has a hard time remembering back when gas was this cheap.
"I was in working and the employees came in and said hey it's $2.99 over there, everybody better get their cars out there, I was very excited," she said.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting