SPOKANE, Wash. - A driver suffered the traumatic amputation of several fingers after his truck clipped a Spokane fire truck while attempting to change lanes, causing his truck to flip onto its side.
The collision happened on westbound Interstate 90 near the Highway 195 interchange west of Spokane.
According to officials on the scene, the small truck clipped the fire truck and was flipped over onto its driver's side. The driver had his hand out of the vehicle and reportedly lost several fingers.
A passenger in the truck was uninjured. No one was injured in the fire truck, which received minimal damage to its bumper.
The Washington State Patrol is investigating the collision.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River