NEWPORT, WA - The Washington State Patrol says a man was killed when he fell asleep while driving north of Newport, Washington.
The accident happened 17 miles north of Newport along LeClerk Road and Snowberry around 1:40 a.m. Sunday.
WSP says 55-year-old Arthur Falk Jr. was traveling south on LeClerk Road when he fell asleep at the wheel and went off the west side of the road. The vehicle landed on its side and Falk was partially ejected.
WSP says Falk was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident.
WSP did not say if drugs or alcohol contributed to this accident.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting