NEWPORT, WA - The Washington State Patrol says a man was killed when he fell asleep while driving north of Newport, Washington.
The accident happened 17 miles north of Newport along LeClerk Road and Snowberry around 1:40 a.m. Sunday.
WSP says 55-year-old Arthur Falk Jr. was traveling south on LeClerk Road when he fell asleep at the wheel and went off the west side of the road. The vehicle landed on its side and Falk was partially ejected.
WSP says Falk was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident.
WSP did not say if drugs or alcohol contributed to this accident.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'