SPOKANE, Wash. - A driver is in critical condition after crashing his SUV in downtown Spokane Monday morning.
The crash happened around 3:30 a.m. near the intersection of Maple and 2nd.
Spokane Police say the man was sent to the hospital with life-threatening injuries after crashing his SUV into a concrete pillar.
The area was closed off for several hours while traffic was diverted.
The cause of that crash is still under investigation, but police say it is being investigated as a possible DUI.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'