SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Police Department is warning drivers of parking restrictions in the downtown area that are going into effect Friday evening in advance of Hoopfest.
Many parking meters in the downtown area are getting yellow bags placed on them Friday. Vehicles that are parked in a spot with a bagged meter must be moved by 6 p.m. Friday or they will be towed. Those spots where there are yellow bagged meters are reserved for basketball courts which will be set up overnight.
In addition to the yellow bagged meters, other meters downtown will get red and orange bags placed on them. Those spots are reserved for Hoopfest equipment, emergency vehicles and STA buses. If a vehicle is parked next to a red or orange bagged meter it will get towed.
Road closures downtown begin at 6:30 p.m. Friday. Due to construction of the new convention center parking garage and hotel, Gardner, Boy Scout Way, and Dean will be closed between Howard and Washington this year. There will be courts in the northeast parking lot of the Spokane Arena this year.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home