SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Detectives are investigating a body that was found Thursday evening in a wooded area in Spokane Valley.
The Spokane County Sheriff's Office was notified by hikers that a body was off North Pines Road near Mirabeau Park around 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
Deputies secured the scene and detectives were called in to investigate the body. The person, who has not been identified, was a black male in his 40s or 50s.
The identity of the person or how they died has not been released by authorities, though authorities said there was no obvious signs of trauma.
It's not known if foul play is involved, so detectives will provide assistance with the Medical Examiner's office, who will determine the cause of death.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives