SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Detectives are investigating a body that was found Thursday evening in a wooded area in Spokane Valley.
The Spokane County Sheriff's Office was notified by hikers that a body was off North Pines Road near Mirabeau Park around 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
Deputies secured the scene and detectives were called in to investigate the body. The person, who has not been identified, was a black male in his 40s or 50s.
The identity of the person or how they died has not been released by authorities, though authorities said there was no obvious signs of trauma.
It's not known if foul play is involved, so detectives will provide assistance with the Medical Examiner's office, who will determine the cause of death.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday