Ryan Sutherland is a successful student at Whitworth University in Spokane thanks to his roommate: his dad.
Ryan is a quadriplegic with muscular dystrophy and his dad, Steve, stays with him in a dorm room to help feed and care for him and get him to classes.
The father and son from Cashmere have been at Whitworth since 2009. Steve Sutherland works weekends and vacations as a pharmacist in Leavenworth.
The Wenatchee World reports Ryan graduated with a bachelor's degree in psychology on May 13. He'll continue another semester to finish his theology minor and earn a certificate of ministry.
- Ferris teacher, coach under investigation in Idaho
- 170,000 job seekers compromised by Department of Labor hack
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- 4 Things To Know For March 23
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Spokane River flooding backyards in Seven Mile neighborhood