Ryan Sutherland is a successful student at Whitworth University in Spokane thanks to his roommate: his dad.
Ryan is a quadriplegic with muscular dystrophy and his dad, Steve, stays with him in a dorm room to help feed and care for him and get him to classes.
The father and son from Cashmere have been at Whitworth since 2009. Steve Sutherland works weekends and vacations as a pharmacist in Leavenworth.
The Wenatchee World reports Ryan graduated with a bachelor's degree in psychology on May 13. He'll continue another semester to finish his theology minor and earn a certificate of ministry.
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA