Ryan Sutherland is a successful student at Whitworth University in Spokane thanks to his roommate: his dad.
Ryan is a quadriplegic with muscular dystrophy and his dad, Steve, stays with him in a dorm room to help feed and care for him and get him to classes.
The father and son from Cashmere have been at Whitworth since 2009. Steve Sutherland works weekends and vacations as a pharmacist in Leavenworth.
The Wenatchee World reports Ryan graduated with a bachelor's degree in psychology on May 13. He'll continue another semester to finish his theology minor and earn a certificate of ministry.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River